Minggu, 12 Februari 2017

The Coffee Book Tag

I was tagged by the lovely Pokepixie to do the coffee book tag.  It looked fun & I happen to be a big coffee drinker, so, here we go! 

Black Coffee:

 A Series That is Tough to Get into, but has Hardcore Fans

The Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes


There are many very much cherished arrangement, with in-your-face fans, that I am not in any way intrigued by (Throne of Glass, The Darkest Minds, Lux, ect...). In any case, I am picking the Falling Kingdoms Series since I am keen on understanding it.

It is super very much cherished, yet I have had an unpleasantly hard time getting into it. I have not gotten sucked in by this story, the same number of different perusers have

Peppermint Mocha:

A Book that Gets More Popular During the Winter or a Festive Time of Year

The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling


I cherish re-perusing Harry Potter, and watching the movies, in the winter. Particularly around Christmas time. I cherish the symbolism of Hedwig flying through the snow, and of Hogwarts brightened for Yule. There's flames blazing, and shows being traded. It's all extremely otherworldly.



 There are so many wonderful scenes which occur in the snow.

Like Hagrid dragging the tree:


 Or the laughing scene from Prisoner of Azkaban:


 Then there's that emotional scene from Deathly Hallows:



 And let's face it.  Everyone hears this phrase in their head in Ron Weasly's voice only.


 Images and Gifs Sourced Google Images

 

 

Hot Chocolate:

A Favorite Children's Book

The Ship of Dreams by Dean Morrissey 


I have a ton of most loved center review and youngsters' books, however the soonest most loved book that I can recall is the Ship of Dreams by Dean Morrissey. I preferred going on the evening time experience with the young man, Joey, as he loads up the Sandman's aircraft.


Even as a young kid, I remember thinking that the artwork was pretty.



Double-shot Espresso:

A Book that Kept You on the Edge of your Seat From Start to Finish

Daytime Shooting Star by Mika Yamamori 
[Hirunaka no Ryuusei]


I read every one of the 12 volumes of this manga inside 2 days. Its a shoujo. There's an affection triangle. One of the sentiments is illegal. What's more, there's a lot of kinship and silliness also. The greater part of that sounds like your customary, regular, sorta shoujo, however it simply isn't.

This story truly got under my skin. What's more, the reason it could do is on the grounds that the mangaka expertly wove the greater part of the story components together.

The characters are sincere yet they battle with being straightforward to themselves as well as other people. 


At last, the whole result of the plot lays exclusively on the choices these characters make (not outside impacts and weights) so I was on the edge of my seat with suspicion the whole time.

Toward the finish of everything, I just sat there- - with every one of my sentiments.


It was a roller coaster of a read.


Starbucks:

A Book You See Everywhere

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


I see it everywhere.  I own it.  I will read it some day.


Oops!  I Accidentally Got Decaf:

A Book You Were Expecting More From

Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon


I had quite recently got done with perusing and watching Outlander before I chose to lift this up. It was not the story I had anticipated that would it to be Also, I don't know how to accurately express this thought, but rather, the characters felt extremely retro in this arrangement. They helped me to remember characters one found in books from the 80s/90s, similar to the Babysitters Club. This inclination misled me.

I preferred the thought behind this story, and adroitly, I liked the plot. In any case, I required far additional from it. I wound up not completing the book.

 

The Perfect Blend:

A Book or Series That was Bitter-Sweet, but Ultimately Satisfying

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson


Nimona!  I was not expecting the feels!

I read Nimona spontaneously. I was in Barns and Noble before a street outing, and it got my attention. At that point I advised everybody I know to peruse it. This story is basically around three characters who are particularly alone.


They come together for a short time as the result of circumstance, but then break apart--again, due to circumstance.

I just want them to be happy!  Together!  Uhg--


It is so bitter-sweet.  Yet, so satisfying!



Green Tea:

A Book or Series That is Quietly Beautiful

Snutt the Ift by Helen Ward



This beautifully watercolored children's book about a tiny creature exploring the universe will make you feel both wondrous and insignificant compared to the vast otherness.  


There are few words in this book (quiet, eh? right?) but the message comes across loud and clear.  Appreciate the world around you, and value your companions here on Earth.


"A Small but Significant Chapter in the Life of the Universe"  Indeed.



Chai Tea:

A Book or Series that Makes You Dream of Far Off Places

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien


I was twelve when I was first exposed to LOTR and it has had a huge effect on me.  I daydreamed of being in Middle Earth for many years, and still do sometimes today.  When I was younger, I used LOTR as a topic for various school assignments, and I even wrote fanfiction.

Anything that would allow me to stay in that far off daydream.


 Lord of the Rings Concept Art | Source: Google Images


Earl Grey:

Name Your Favorite Classic

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare



Right now, I would state that my most loved exemplary is A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare. In any case, my response to this question changes relying upon my perusing mind-set. I surmise that is okay since "works of art" is a gigantic class, with many shifting sort's inside it.

AMSND is constantly close to the highest priority on my rundown since I cherish the impulsive notion and the wackiness of the play. I likewise adore all the symbolism which has left it, regardless of whether it be from live exhibitions, motion pictures, or craftsmanship.

 A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999) | Source: Google Images

 The Reconciliation of Oberon and Tatiana by Joseph Noel Paton (1821 -1901) | Source: Google Images


Thanks for reading!

Amanda
  

Artikel Terkait